Community

What I’m In To; Or How I Caved to Peer Pressure 4

In an ongoing effort to put off the increasingly aggressive hands of time, and to try to convince myself of my hipness and persistent joie de vivre, I have caved to Leigh Kramer. Leigh, of the end of month What I’m In To posts that are pure delight. She says […]

Don’t Carry It All 6

The invitation flickered through on Facebook when I was half through a six day stretch of single parenting. I was tempted to reject the spontaneous and kind offer of friendship out of hand. I’m busy, I reasoned. The list of To Dos won’t Do itself. I teetered on the brink […]

Being Human is Risky

Being Human 7

He is charming and kind. He laughs easily and gives openly. He has collected friends like seashells. He makes room in his world for their mess. And  they are messy. They have divorces and children with illness. They are selfish—at times.  They want more without giving—sometimes. His friends sometimes say […]

Finish Line, Jon Fulk

Why I Run: Jon’s Story 5

Man, I love this story. Jon really crushed his marathon, telling me he was able to sprint to the finish line. WTG, Jon. Before I started running, I was convinced that my runner friends and I were completely different. One night, we had dinner with a couple of friends. He […]