Inspired by the last list on running and writing, I have six more ways that running and writing are like oreos and milk. Gotta give a shout out to Nicole L. Bates for inspiring me to keep making my lists. And, in a seredipitous twist, she actually gave me a shout out on her blog today. Go say hi on her site.
- It’s okay to take a detour, just leave yourself some breadcrumbs to get home. That’s just plain common sense. Detours are fun.
- You’re allowed to have fun. Doensn’t have to be all grim and “gut it out.” You can even…if so moved. ..smile.
- It’s okay to take a day off. Gasp if you must. It’s true.
- Sometimes it will hurt. Boy, howdy, it can hurt. Doing it when it hurts makes us cool. Or dumb. Not sure.
- You don’t need a lot of fancy gear. A pen, some paper, maybe a snazzy new iPad. Shoes, some clothes (yes, please).
- Do it for you. Worrying about audience or the speed of others will get us nowhere. Slowly.
What would you add? Or, does one of your favorite activities mimic another one of your activities?